Most homeowners already know that snow blowers are an invaluable tool against the yearly onslaught of winter. There are a number of manufacturers to choose from, but one brand seems to rise above the rest. Honda Snow Blowers are versatile and extremely useful in clearing snow from walkways, driveways and other paved areas.
There are a variety of different models of Honda Snow Blowers, each with their own benefits. Honda Snow Blowers are available in single-stage or two-stage models. Two-stage snow blowers remove snow faster and throw snow farther than single-stage models. Honda Snow Blowers are easy to start and many are available with the self-propelled feature.
That being said, it is imperative to keep your Honda Snow Blower operating at its peak all winter long. To do so, one must perform some basic maintenance procedures, to ensure that your Honda Snow Blower works for you, when you need it to.
Regular Honda Snow Blower Maintenance
Honda Snow Blowers, as with any snow blowing machines, require regular maintenance to ensure peak performance and to extend the snow blowers’ lifespan.
The most basic maintenance for Honda Snow Blowers includes:
- Change the spark plug once per year.
Changing the spark plug once per year is a recommended maintenance task for Honda Snow Blowers. To make sure you select the proper plug for your snow blower, refer to the owner’s manual for your specific model.
- Change the engine oil once per year for four-stroke engines.
As with most gas powered lawn and garden equipment, the engine oil should be changed once per year for four-stroke Honda Snow Blowers engines. Again, the owner’s manual for each model will recommend the right oil and how to change the oil in the specific piece of equipment.
- Use fuel stabilizers to preserve fuel between uses.
Fuel stabilizers will keep the fuel from gumming up the engine or producing varnish deposits in the fuel tank. Fuel stabilizers will keep fuel viable for up to one year.
- Purchase spare auger shear bolts for two-stage blowers.
Auger shear bolts protect the gearbox if the auger encounters a hard object. Make sure to have a few extra bolts on-hand.
- Check and tighten all nuts and bolts.
Vibrations will loosen nuts and bolts over the season, especially those located on the control linkages. Periodically check and tighten these fasteners when they become loose.
- Check and adjust the scraper and skid shoes, if applicable for your snow blower.
Review your model’s owner’s manual to see if and how you should adjust the scraper and skid shoes. Doing so will leave less snow behind by keeping the scraper closer to the ground surface when the machine is used.
- Always supply your Honda Snow Blower with the appropriate fuel mix. An improper fuel mix may cause problems with the snow blower running or starting. In addition, an improper fuel mix may damage the fuel system.
Some things to remember when mixing fuel for Honda Snow Blowers include:
- Never use gas with more than 10 percent ethanol in the Honda Snow Blower.
- Always store gas in an approved plastic gas container. Close the vent if the container is equipped with one. Add fuel stabilizer if the fuel will remain in the container for more than three months. Keep the container stored away from direct sunlight.
- Each time you finish using the snow blower, make sure to drain the remaining fuel from the system for storage. To drain the fuel, first turn the fuel valve to the “OFF” position. Next, start the engine and allow the blower to run until the fuel in the lines is used. Be sure to fill the tank with fuel after each use to minimize air inside the fuel tank.
- Add a fuel stabilizer to a full fuel tank if snow fall is sporadic.
- Drain all fuel from the snow blower when the season is over to prepare the blower for storage. Do not store the snow blower with fuel in the tank. The fuel will deteriorate and possibly damage the unit.
How to Find and Purchase Honda Snow Blower Parts
Honda Snow Blower parts may be conveniently purchased online from www.hondalawnparts.com. Purchasing Honda Snow Blower parts online is not only easy and convenient; the parts are delivered right to your door. No need to travel to different lawn and garden stores in attempts to locate the part you need for your model of Honda Snow Blower.
www.hondalawnparts.com offers many ways for you to quickly locate the part you need. You can simply type the name of the part into the Search input box at the top of the homepage and search for the specific part for various snow blower models. Another alternative is to find Honda Snow Blower parts using the left navigation buttons. Hover the mouse over “Honda Parts by Series” and click on the Honda series category to locate a specific part with your Honda Snow Blower model number. Hover over “Honda Popular Parts” to see the most popular parts sold for various Honda equipment.
Purchase any Honda Snow Blower part right from the site and have the part delivered where you need it. Buying the parts you need for your Honda Snow Blower has never been easier.